~ Garlic Scapes Pickled ~
Pickling the Garlic Scapes is an alternative to freezing them to keep garlic scapes for a longer time.
- Fresh Garlic Scapes
- 4 table spoons of granulated sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 4 table spoons sea salt or kosher
- 1 dried chile if you wish
- Trim garlic scapes to your desired length and carefully curl them into a pint size mason jar.
- If your using the chile place that inside the jar.
- In a small pan heat the cider vinegar, sea salt, and the sugar with a cup of water until simmering and the salt and sugar have dissolved.
- Pour the warm vinegar mixture into the jar so it covers the garlic scapes. Seal the jar. Let it sit until it cools, then store in the refrigerator for a minimum of six weeks. They should last up to six months.